Sunday, October 6, 2013

Photography Class


So way back last year there was a Groupon offer for Flying Photo School.  I purchased 1 Groupon to take an online class (classes are $97 but with Groupon it was only $29).  I remembered in mid August that I had to use it soon.  When logging onto our Groupon account I discovered that it had expired 5 days before.  Just Grrrreat!  However I remembered that even if the Groupon has expired you can still use the value of what you paid towards a purchase.
So being the Dutch person that I am I decide to purchase the intro to photo editing class in September.  When entering the Groupon code it said I owed nothing.  Woo Hoo!
So the course was 4 weeks long.  The course was done with videos and then an assignment was assigned each week.   I am proud to say that I have a little bit of understanding how to use the full version of Photoshop!  I  am also comfortable using Bridges.  
So here are my edits:
Week 2 - Basic Editing in Bridge (white balance, temperature, tint, exposure, recovery, blacks, brightness, contrast, clarity, vibrance, and saturation)  followed up with adding text to pictures in Photoshop
Before
After
Week 3 - Using the clone tool to remove blemishes
Before
After
Week 4 - Adding textures to pictures
Before
After
I learned a lot from this course.  However, it makes me now realize that all the pictures I have taken over the years can be improved with minor edits.  However, this all takes time.  Not really sure I am ready to take on that project.  So maybe I will start by editing future photos.
Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment